My past in three dimensions

I've been a bit shy of showing my 3d work, (3d don't age to well), and I'm not to interested in doing more free stuff in 3d, used to be my only medium The great Moominparty. Being a great fan of Tove Janson, I had quite some problems with making a 3d game of the moomins, but the end result was ok Kosmopolska or spacepolska was my graduation work while taking my masters of fine arts, then turned in to a game. The story revolves around 3 polish cosmonaut and their travel to Mars, you might see some pet themes the pope, buildings and animals even here. Victorian Justice device, 1999 This is part of a personal project I did 1999, the concept revolves a one robot justice device, ala robocop, but set in Victorian times. It has exchangeable heads police, judge and executioner, can't seem to find any animation files at the moment, you'll have to do with stills. The little voice, 2000 This was a video where I made the 3d modeling for, Sahlene, the little voice from 2000. Me and my business partner Fredrik Swerin made quite a few music videos, fun work, but the pay was always bad.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:17 PM

    What a treat to see earlier stuff. Kind of like seeing high school photos. I don't know anything about 3-D, but I have to say that these look so sophisticated. I especially like the polska one. I see your ironic self in the mega-cop. This is a really instructive post for me. Thanks for posting these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny, to see all these works!

    I can't wait to see the new work in progress being animated with that original linework ;-)

    thanks for sharing, mattias!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:43 PM

    Hehe, 3D never ages well, but still, that's some impressive improvement over the time! I used to mod Half-Life in 1999 myself and I've pretty much left any new types of 3D ever since... I still can't get the hang of hi-poly modelling.

    Cool work! The robocop really has your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! WOW!! So many cool postings to check out!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all, The Space polska things comes from 1994, the game was made in 1997 though, hope I'll be able to leave the medium for good in the future

    ReplyDelete
  6. The modeling on the robot is awesome. And I really enjoyed that music video. What softare did/do you use? Where I work we do a lot of modeling in LightWave and animating in Maya. Just curious. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Antony, they where made with Maya, the earlier stuff with 3dsmax. Thanks. Where I work it's mainly Maya but alos some lightwave, 3dstudio and XSI. I only use Maya though

    ReplyDelete